How do I install a trunk liner in the CTS-V
Thanks to AmesCTS-V
Click the images to make them larger
1. Items Required:
Liner material (obviously)
door removal tool (available at any autoparts store)
The stock look
1) Remove the factory liner.
2) Position the liner over the factory liner so that you have the V logo exactly where you want it. Then fold the liner in half.
3) Now spray both the factory liner and the new liner. Let this dry for a couple of minutes.
4) Fold the liner back over the factory liner, be careful to press the liner into place exactly where you want it. The material stretches and can be pressed into any shape.
5) Now repeat this on the other half of the liner.
6) Cut off the excess material, but be sure to leave a couple of inches to wrap around the back of the factory liner.
7) Around the corners cut the material so it won't bunch up behind the liner when installed.
8) Spray glue on the extra material and the back of the liner. Wrap the extra material behind the liner.
9) Now the liner is glued on.
10) Using a hot soldering iron punch out holes through the liner. The factory liner doesn't melt like the new liner so it can be used as a guide.
11) Now the liner is ready to be installed.
Here are some pictures of the trunk and hood liner after installation.