How do I install the Bluetooth Kit?
You have two options for bluetooth in the CTS-V:
1. Install a bluetooth kit that does NOT integrate with the audio system in the V
This means you will need to turn down the radio when making a call, you will hear the call through a speaker that an installer will put in your car, etc
2. Install one of the kits below that DOES integrate with the adio in the V:
This means that radio will mute when you make or receive a call, you will hear the call through the car's audio system
CTS-V interface/ bluetooth kit
You need to e-mail me if you are interested in this. I will order the kit in batches of five.
1. You must be willing to UNPLUG and completely disconnect onstar
2. You must be willing to accept NO warranty (other than DOA or physical failure of the box) on this interface box
3. You need to buy a motorola Bluetooth kit (I recommend IHF-1000) in ADDITION to this interface box
4. You must be willing to install yourself or have a reputable installer install it (its not 100% easy). I give it a 6 on the 1-10 scale for difficulty.
Read and understand the instructions here: Instructions.pdf
let me know if anything doesnt make sense or you have questions.
Parrot kit install instructions (PDF) (thanks jimmy):
This site is not affiliated with General Motors or Cadillac. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
All pages copyright www.cadillacfaq.com.
Donate to keep this site live and ad free Here
List Style FAQ---
For questions or comments email firstname.lastname@example.org